Monday, June 16, 2008

#1 reason NOT to buy a hybrid (yet)

I've been worrying (some may say obsessing) over gas prices like everyone else. In fact, I hate to even mention the phrase, "well, what with the cost of fuel and everything...". Yet, I've become a cliche.

Honda has rolled out a new zero-emission car. It does not run on gas; rather, it runs on hydrogen and electricity and emits water. I just saw an article that said Toyota's output of the Prius can't match demand.

So, will Honda's new zero-emission car be the auto of the future? To all those who are buying Prius', I'd watch out. They, after all, still run on gas. Honda's new car does not. Kind of common-sense which direction the technology is running in, isn't it?

Just like HD-DVD and Blu-Ray, and Beta versus VHS, there's usually only one winner in technology. Call me crazy, but I think I'll hold out on trading in my Highlander until I see who the winner is.

No comments: