Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Lemon Tea for the Soul


I moved to New England in May from Virginia. This is my first real fall in awhile. Usually we go pumpkin picking in short-sleeve shirts and jeans--not because we can't wear shorts but because it is the one way to stick it to the season. Hot weather be darned, we are wearing jeans!

So now I sit here on my couch, lemon tea in hand, sweatshirt on back. It is still raining, but now it is colder. And we don't have heat. But it made me appreciate today. We complain about so much: global warming, recessions, wars, not having enough, having too much, democrats, republicans ... on and on.

So today, I challenge you not to complain. Instead, think of the things you don't have at the moment and find a way to be grateful.

I, like so many in the world, do not have heat. But later I will. And the rain has stained the trunks on the pine trees outside my house an intense dark color that I find particularly lovely. Thank you.

No comments: