Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Counting my blessings


Well, it's been a hectic Christmas season (I almost slipped and said "holiday season," which I find so watered down). In the last 2 months of the year, we celebrated a 60th wedding anniversary (not ours, ha), Thanksgiving, a graduation, my little sister's wedding (surreal), and Christmas. To add to the top of the "big things" for 2008, I found out I am pregnant! About 4 months along now, which is also surreal. So even though I was fighting a terrible cold these past few days, I still grabbed my husband outside of church on Christmas Eve and told him how incredibly blessed we are.


This year, I have just been really grateful that my family is together and healthy. Another little reminder of that came today. My mom got a weird result from a mammography and had to go back in to the doctor. She is fine--so those extra prayers worked quickly, but it is a reminder to not take anything for granted, least of all the most important thing: family.

1 comment:

Daisy said...

Congratulations!!!!!!! So happy for you :)