Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Addendum

I realized the post on divorce probably came a little out of the blue.

I was in Princeton this past weekend with my in laws and extended family. We were there to celebrate my husband's grandparents' 60th wedding anniversary. They renewed their vows and I have to say, with all the glitz and hairspray that goes with today's wedding, there was nothing more beautiful than these two people in their 80s.

Quote of the weekend: "Life hasn't always been easy, but I feel the same way about her today that I did when I married her."

That's a special thing, but something all married people should strive toward. Be kind to one another, and laugh with each other.

1 comment:

Miriam Cutelis said...

I find that laughter and softness and picking your battles can make a marriage last.....